Ruth's Chris Steak House
Famous New Orleans Sweet Potato Casserole
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
3 Cups Mashed Sweet Potatoes or Yams (They use Yams)
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Eggs Each well beaten
1 Stick (1/2 cup) Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Pecans Preferred)
1/3 Stick Butter, Melted
1. First, combine Crust Mixture in mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Combine Sweet Potato Mixture ingredients into a
mixing bowl in the order listed. Combine thoroughly.
3. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
4. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture
evenly with the crust mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to set at
least 30 minutes before serving.